Business Travel Accident (BTA)
Accidents are a leading cause of death for Americans under 44 years of age according to the CDC*
Business Travel Accident is an employer sponsored program which provides employees with financial protection through Accidental Death & Dismemberment coverage.
Whether your clients are multi-national corporations with global reach or local businesses with clients around town, this employee benefit can be tailor made to fit specific needs at relatively low cost without integration with other lines on a worldwide basis.
Employers feel an obligation to provide this meaningful additional benefit given the added risks employees face when traveling on company business especially when going overseas.
Common Components of a Business Travel Accident Policy
Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
Business Only Away from Premises
For the majority of employees, coverage applies on a 24 hour basis while traveling on company business locally or internationally.
24 Hour All Risk Business & Pleasure
For “key” (designated) employees or owners of businesses, the broadest coverage form.
Coverage may be desired in certain circumstances which offers protection for employees while performing their job duties whether on or off premises.
Out of Country Medical
When traveling abroad, medical coverage may not follow employees completely. Adding Out of Country Accident & Sickness Medical coverage can help. For short term business travelers, plans that include flexible or $0 Deductibles, generous per occurrence maximums and no pre-existing conditions are available without medical underwriting.
Whether you’re in need of pre-travel country information and tips, or in need of an evacuation services due to an unexpected emergency (medical, political, natural disaster), travel assistance services are available.
There is a wide variety of enhancements that are available many of which are industry specific and continue to evolve. Call us for the latest details.
Does your client have:
- Field Personnel
- Company owned or leased vehicles or truck drivers
- Employees who travel abroad
- Medical Coverage when outside home country
- Employee or Corporate Owned/Leased Aircraft(s)
- Exposure to Specialized Aviation Activities
- Employee Pilots
- Charter Flight Agreements
- Offsite Conferences or Business Functions w/ 5+ employees
- Retail Establishments
- Desire for high AD&D limits for key persons
- A deductible/self-insured retention for their workers comp
- Required to have DBA Coverage
- Non-Employee Directors
- Independent Contractors
- Sponsored or Authorized time for Volunteer Activities
- Access to Travel Alerts when travelling
- Travel Assistance including Medical Evacuation / Repatriation
- Hazardous Exposures on or off premises
- Travel to Hazardous/War Risk Countries
If the answer is “yes” to any of these criteria call us for a quote, 800 421-3005.